Description of Position
1. Installing interior ADA signage and exterior signs to include structural and electrical signs.
2. Works closely with the installation coordinator to review upcoming jobs, track timing schedules and coordinate the installation trip(s).
3. Maintaining documentation of all signs delivered and installed (including photographing signs).
4. Interfacing with customers.
Desired skills and qualifications:
The person we are seeking MUST have a min of 2 years installation experience in the sign industry. Knowledge of phases of sign making including fabrication, welding, vinyl, paint, assembly, installation, etc., is a plus. Interior graphics and electrical sign experience is helpful. Candidates must be able and willing to travel throughout the US and have an excellent driving record. Basic computer skills for report generation are a huge plus.
The candidate must be:
- A committed, team player
- Someone who has a keen mind for problem solving and is very detail oriented.
- An excellent communicator
We offer medical and dental insurance plans as well as vacation.
Compensation: Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Signage installation: 2 years
Required license or certification:
We are currently looking for sign fabricators/welders with signage industry experience.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Fabricate monument and pylon signs, illuminated signage, custom cabinets, channel letters, pole covers.
- Be a self-starter and problem solver, capable of working without direct supervision.
- Must be thorough and accurate with strong attention to details.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Must have a high level of quality and care in their work.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
3+ years Sign Industry experience is a MUST!
Experience with welding procedures
Metal Fabrication experiences (aluminum and steel) Experience with basic electrical wiring Experience with shears, brakes, and other metal forming equipment Able to read and interpret technical documents and drawings Able to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Design signs with appropriate descriptions
- Provide technical drawings for construction as needed for permits
- Producing directory drawings
- Design sign packages for residential communities
- Keeps current on new products/ materials and methods
- Has a understanding of how signs will be made and installed
- Communicates with design/ad agencies when necessary
- Works with purchasing/ Estimating departments and Subcontractors
- Maintain design dept. computer & filing system
- Stay up with ADA requirements
- Communicate with clients and vendors as needed
- Growth minded and desire to learn
The Graphics Designer will be expected to work effectively as part of a team. They should therefore be able to demonstrate the skills and attitudes necessary to fulfill the relevant role, which include:
- Be able to identify situations where teamwork is necessary and the appropriate composition of the team
- Graphics Designer should demonstrate the attitudes and abilities necessary to work effectively in a team, aiming for excellence in client care
- Demonstrate leadership where appropriate
- Have the ability to share information
- Show respect for, and understanding of, other professionals
- The ability to effectively occupy different roles within a team as required by the situation
- Strong ability to communicate to all other departments
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment. Must work well under timelines and be assertive in handling conflicts. Must have excellent communication, verbal and written, customer service, attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree and at least (3) years proven, successful Sign or Graphics experience and would be able to demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw and Photoshop.
Good follow up and good attitude is essential.
- Illustrator: 3 years (Required)
- Sign Design: 2 years (Preferred)