The Jr. Estimator will be responsible for actively identifying projects to bid, preparing estimates,
takeoffs, and putting together proposals for pricing. Working closely with the Sr Estimator and Sales
Team, the Jr Estimator will support submission of accurate and timely bids ensuring success in the bid
proposal and award process while meeting or exceeding customer service expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review incoming bid list and identify jobs to bid based on fit with Hardman Signs fabrication capabilities and overall scope.
- Utilize company estimating tools (software, bidding methodologies, and vendor pricing) and perform detailed material and labor takeoffs from fabrication drawings, concepts and/or bill of materials to prepare job estimates
- Review all front-end documents and specifications, seek clarification as appropriate,submit RFIs when necessary, perform Take-Offs and price all materials (including paint/coating when applicable), identify and price outsourced items and assist in estimating all labor hours
- Manage and prioritize backlog of estimates to achieve best outcomes and meet bid deadlines
- Identify accurate estimates of materials equipment, and labor for a project.
- Collect and analyze cost data from past and current projects for cost history database.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Estimator
The requirements listed below are qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Required: Post-Secondary in Construction Management or related field and 2 years of
estimating experience OR equivalent experience in sign manufacturing industry and
estimating experience in lieu of education.
Preferred: Previous experience in sign fabrication.
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Ability to create bid documents, packages, complete material take off and estimate
- Knowledge of construction principals, construction estimating, cost controls and subcontract administration
- Working knowledge of cost controls and subcontract administration
- Ability to read architectural plans/blueprints, understand specifications and other bid documents
- Ability to research and recall local city and county code requirements for interior packages
- Highly skilled in working with bid packages including invitation to bid, bid instructions, bid forms, and supplements
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Ability to manage assigned projects, workflow, and resources to ensure proposals are delivered on-time
- Excellent math and analytical problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project)
- Skilled in “Quantity Take Off Method”
- Intermediate Quickbooks knowledge
Listed below are key points regarding environmental and physical demands of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods most of workday;
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers most of workday;
- Rarely required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 30 pounds;
- Normal setting for this job is office with potential to travel for site walks up to 50%.
Description of Position
1. Installing interior ADA signage and exterior signs to include structural and electrical signs.
2. Works closely with the installation coordinator to review upcoming jobs, track timing schedules and coordinate the installation trip(s).
3. Maintaining documentation of all signs delivered and installed (including photographing signs).
4. Interfacing with customers.
Desired skills and qualifications:
The person we are seeking MUST have a min of 2 years installation experience in the sign industry. Knowledge of phases of sign making including fabrication, welding, vinyl, paint, assembly, installation, etc., is a plus. Interior graphics and electrical sign experience is helpful. Candidates must be able and willing to travel throughout the US and have an excellent driving record. Basic computer skills for report generation are a huge plus.
The candidate must be:
- A committed, team player
- Someone who has a keen mind for problem solving and is very detail oriented.
- An excellent communicator
We offer medical and dental insurance plans as well as vacation.
Compensation: Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Signage installation: 2 years
Required license or certification: