Your company’s branding is one of the most important aspects of marketing, as it showcases your organization’s unique identity. When we talk about branding, your signage can be considered as an indispensable tool because it is a visual representation of your brand.
Given its importance to your business and the fact that it will influence how your potential customers and partners will perceive your company, it is crucial to put a lot of thought and consideration into your sign design. Because many people are visually oriented, the design can make or break your success.
Hardman Signs can help you come up with the most suitable sign design for your business and professionally create signage based on your preferred material or type. However, whether you are planning to design your signage on your own or prefer to seek the help of expert designers, exploring some popular design styles and examples will allow you to narrow down what you want. In this article, we will help you find inspiration for your sign design in order for you to establish the right branding for your business.
How to Look for Design Inspiration
If you’re out of creative juices and need to find design inspiration for you to start working on your own company’s sign design, or perhaps to have something that you can show the designer that you hired, follow these simple tips to find amazing design inspiration:
- Check Out Creative Websites: The internet is a gold mine of design inspiration. You can check out popular sites such as Pinterest, Designspiration, Logospire, and Inspiration Grid to get some ideas.
- Explore Your Social Networks: Run a targeted search for designers, marketing companies, or other businesses in your industry on social networking sites to find inspiration for signage designs. You can check general ones such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or popular creative networks such as Dribbble and Behance, where designers post their work.
- Take a Look at Design Books: Books are not a thing of the past. However, if you will go for this option, it is recommended to use recently published books on design, branding, and marketing in order to ensure that the design inspiration that you will obtain is not outdated.
- Skim Your Graphic Designer’s Portfolio of Past Work: Any experienced designer has already created sign designs for other clients in the same industry. To find out what he or she can do, take a look at your professional designer’s previous work in their portfolio for inspiring ideas.
Types of Signage
You can choose from a wide variety of signage types depending on the look and feel that you want to achieve, personal preferences, priorities, and budget. However, the most common ones include:
- ADA Signs: These are signs that adhere to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Such signs are conveniently located and can be easily read and comprehended through tactile touch.
- Architectural Signage: If what you need are signs that can help in identification and wayfinding within your business facility, custom architectural signage is what you need.
- Digital Signage: Whether you need to display your restaurant’s menu, present valuable information about your business, or show your latest promotional messages, digital signage displays are the perfect type.
- LED Signs: LED signs are recommended if you want your storefront to stand out and catch customers’ attention, whether it’s day or night.
- Printed Signs: For cost-effective signage, printed signs can be your best option.
- Yard Signs: This type of advertising sign can be placed on your property’s street-facing side or lawn for people passing by to see.
Your Most Trusted Signage Company
Since 1987, Hardman Signs has been the premier provider of top quality signage that accurately embodies the unique character of each of our corporate clients.
From the creation of effective and custom-tailored sign design options for your company down to the installation of the actual signage in your business location, you can depend on our team of experienced professionals to surpass your expectations for quality signage. To learn more about what we can offer, call or email Hardman Signs today. Alternatively, you may fill out this quick online form to schedule a free consultation and estimate with our design consultants.